DSView 3 software - 25 User add-on license
Secure, Centralized Data Center Management
DSView® 3 management software by Avocent provides secure, centralized management of all connected IT and network devices. When used in conjunction with any DS Series, MergePoint™ or Cyclades®-branded products, DSView 3 software allows IT administrators to remotely access, monitor and control target devices on multiple platforms at numerous locations – anywhere, anytime.
A unique feature of DSView 3 software is its “hub and spoke” architecture – a fully redundant, replicating database creates a complete backup/failover solution. You benefit through the automation of routine tasks, event alerts and easy navigation between multiple IT devices. You can configure, manage, upgrade and backup any IT device – all from a single, secure Web-based user interface.
Use the DSView 3 software Virtual Media feature to remotely transfer local data to and from remote servers and eliminate costly and time-consuming site visits. You can conduct tasks across heterogeneous platforms regardless of the operating system, install or patch applications, perform diagnostic testing, and even reboot remote servers – all from your desktop.
While DSView 3 software acts as a central management and access point for out-of-band connections, it also integrates other Avocent and third party solutions. The benefits to you include:
- environmental monitoring through Uptime Devices to monitor temperature, humidity and other variables in the data center
- NetClarity Auditor Plug-in provides server vulnerability assessment and remediation
- LANDesk Server Manager delivers server systems and life cycle management
- DSView 3 Mobile software provides access from handheld devices
- DSView 3 Connector for HP OpenView software allows out-of-band access and power control for HP software.
This layered approach to server management provides an ‘always on’ management environment for the data center:
- embedded service processor management
- out-of-band server and network management using KVM and serial consoles
- power management using intelligent power distribution units
- security management
Vertiv DSView 3 software - 25 User add-on license. Minimum processor: Intel Pentium, 2 GHz, Compatible operating systems: Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard,, Minimum hard disk space: 10240 MB