System x3455, AMD Opteron 2352, 2048MB DRR2 RAM, SATA, Rack 1U
IBM eServer System x3455 2.1GHz 650W Rack (1U) server
The IBM System x3455 delivers robust performance in a small package at an affordable price. For scientific, technical and financial applications, the x3455 provides the latest AMD Opteron™ quad-core processors—helping process data more quickly. The x3455 also provides outstanding memory performance with power-efficient DDR II memory and AMD Direct Connect Architecture. And high-performance 3.5" SAS hard disk drives deliver blazing access to data.
Solve problems more quickly
The x3455 addresses traditional high performance computing application bottlenecks with non-traditional, innovative server architecture. IBM Xcelerated Memory Technology™ allows six DIMMs per processor to run at 667 MHz, which means faster access for large memory configurations. As well, IBM eXtended I/O™ technology featuring a choice of I/O slots means greater flexibility for cluster interconnects.
- Space-saving design helps save valuable real estate for large and small cluster deployments;
- Increased performance per-watt efficiency with quad-core processing;
- Integrated memory controller helps reduce traditional x86 front-side bus bottlenecks;
- Integrated BMC features Serial over LAN (IPMI 2.0-compliant), Cluster Systems Management, IBM Director;
- Xcelerated Memory Technology means faster access to memory for large memory configurations;
- Built-in expansion flexibility for high-bandwidth cluster networking with IBM eXtended I/O technology;
- Server partitioning virtualization software available for server consolidation.
IBM System x3455, eServer. Processor frequency: 2.1 GHz, Processor family: AMD Opteron, Processor cache type: L2. Total storage capacity: 0.16 GB, Hard drive interface: Serial ATA, Maximum storage capacity: 1.5 TB. Internal memory: 2 GB, Internal memory type: DDR2-SDRAM, Maximum internal memory: 48 GB. Maximum graphics adapter memory: 16 MB. Networking features: Gigabit Ethernet