SMO-F551 5-25"MO Internal Drive SCSI 5.2 Gb
- Large Capacity 5.2GBytes Disk. Storage capacity is significantly increased by the latest technology. MO system is the perfect solution for professional use such as Medical Industry, Telecommunication, DTP, A/V editing and etc..
- High-speed Data transfer Rate. The use of high-speed spindle motor and high-performance RISC CPU enable a sustained transfer rate of up to 5.0 MBytes/sec(max.). This MO drive can handle animation such as MPEG-2 level picture.
- Large Capacity 4MBytes Cache Memory. Efficient recording, quick response and optimum operational environment are provided through use of 4MBytes buffer and Sony's original cache control algorithm(S-Cache*).
*S-Cache is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
- High Reliability. Sony MO drive can achieve MTBF of 300,000 POH(60% Reliability).* And the disk offers 50 years of archival life with 10 million record/playback cycles.*
*Estimation based on in-house test results. MTBF: Mean Time Between Failure.
- Maintenance Free. In this MO drive,preventive measures are taken to guard against dust. It is unnecessary to clean the optical lens of your MO drive.
- Disk Compatibility. Sony 8X MO drive is compatible with ISO format 5.25 inch MO disk, therefore it allows access to old data which maybe on 1st or 2nd generation media. And the drive also accepts CCW(Continuous Composite Write-once) disks and 2.6GBytes Direct Over-Write disk for many purposes and applications.
Sony SMO-F551. Read speed: 10 MB/s. CD write speed: 8x, CD rewrite speed: 8x. CD read speed: 8x. Weight: 1.5 kg. Media types supported: 5.25inch MO Disk with Cartridge, Dimensions (WxDxH): 146 x 203 x 40.6 mm, Compatible operating systems: Apple MacOS Microsoft Windows 3.x Microsoft Windows NT