8.89 cm (3.5 ") , 160GB, SATA II, 8MB Cache, 7200RPM
8 MB cache
- Bigger cache means faster performance. A massive 8 MB cache combined with up to 300 MB/s transfer rate make these ultra-fast drives the perfect solution for the fully loaded PC with a fast processor.
Cool operating temperature
- WD hard drives are designed to have the lowest power consumption of any high-capacity, desktop-class hard drive which lowers the operating temperature for enhanced drive reliability.
- These highly reliable drives deliver technologically advanced acoustics. With its WhisperDrive™ and SoftSeek™ technologies, WD has minimized noise to levels virtually imperceptible to the human ear in home and business environments.
- Designed for use in the fastest PCs on the market, including high-performance business computers, multimedia and gaming systems.
How this WD hard drive protects your data:
- Data Lifeguard™ is an exclusive set of data protection features, including shock protection, an environmental protection system and real-time embedded error detection and repair. WD's Data Lifeguard technology automatically finds, isolates, and repairs problems that may develop over the life of a hard drive.
- Data Lifeguard Tools™ are software utilities designed for WD hard drives that work with the embedded Data Lifeguard features to make hard drive installation,diagnostics and repair both simple and worry-free. (Download Data Lifeguard Tools)
- ShockGuard™ instantaneously protects the hard drive against damage from bumps and vibrations while it is running. This technology enables WD Caviar drives to achieve industry-leading shock specifications.
Western Digital Caviar Blue 160GB. Hard drive capacity: 160 GB, Hard drive interface: Serial ATA II, Hard drive speed: 7200 RPM. Power consumption (standby): 0.73 W, Power consumption (PowerSave): 0.73 W, Power consumption (read): 5.36 W. Width: 101.6 mm, Height: 25.4 mm, Depth: 147 mm