Wireless Switch Dualband Access Point
Individual DWL-8220APs have no local storing of any data so they can be safely installed in unsecured areas without fear of hacking or theft. The DWS-1008 Wireless Switch is the hardware that stores vital network and user information in plain site and is typically stored in a secure location. DWL-8220APs can link to DWS-1008s directly or through the existing wired network - even across Layer 3 boundaries – and receive Power over Ethernet (PoE) from directly connected DWS-1008s or third-party PoE switches or PoE injectors/midspans.
The DWS-1008 Wireless Switch automatically configures every connected DWL-8220AP so that no configuration is necessary during installation. If a DWL-8220AP needs to be replaced, the replacement DWL-8220AP automatically inherits the same configuration, making the replacement process analogous to changing a light bulb. These plenum-rated DWL-8220APs intentionally resemble smoke detectors to minimize visibility. With no protruding antennas and no obvious hallmarks of an AP, DWL-8220APs are less likely to be tampered with. For added protection, all APs feature a built-in security lock interface.
DWL-8220APs play a key role in rogue detection– they continuously scan both bands and their associated channels to root out rogues while simultaneously providing wireless connectivity to mobile clients. If a rogue is detected, the closest DWL-8220AP can launch RF Countermeasures by spoofing 802.11 control messages. This prevents clients from communicating, associating and authenticating with a rogue.
For important wireless transmissions such as VoIP related applications, DWL-8220APs also deliver critical user-based services, such as prioritized delivery of voice traffic. Supporting multiple queues per user, DWL-8220APs always prioritize expedited traffic such as voice calls.
- Dualband connectivity for increased network capacity
- Concurrent operation in both 802.11a and 802.11b/g at full bandwidth speeds
- Low profile ID – true omni-antenna design (built-in 5dBi antennas)
- Ideal for indoor deployments
- Plenum rated housing
- IEEE 802.11a/g wireless
- Up to 54Mbps in both bands
- Self-tuning features to adjust and optimize RF settings
- Eliminates coverage deadspots where no APs are installed
- AES, TKIP, WEP
- Rogue AP detection (Active Scan, Sentry Scan, RF counter measures)
- Prioritizes traffic by QoS model
- Per user queuing, 4 queues each
- Data not stored locally
- Built-in security lock interface
- Supports 802.3af Power over Ethernet
- Zero-Configuration installation
- Supports a variety of external high-gain antennas
- Management via D-Link DWS-1008 Wireless Switch
D-Link Wireless Switch Dualband Access Point. Data transfer rate (max): 54 Mbit/s, Frequency band: 2.4/5, Number of users: 500 user(s). Cabling technology: 10Base-T, 100Base-TX. Antenna gain level (max): 5 dBi. Weight: 354 g. Compliance industry standards: IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.11h, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, Networking features: Wireless LAN, Fast Ethernet