FSG-3 Storage Gateway 80GB, Router, USB Server, S-ATA Host
Michael is working in an architect’s office. Together with his colleagues he creates industrial projects. Every evening they back up the daily work on their mini server the FSG-3. Michael often visits customers where he presents his plan on his laptop. Back in the office, he connects his notebook to the network and copies his modifications to the FSG-3. This way his documents are accessible to everyone connected to the network. Even during his visits, he can communicate with the FSG-3 and exchange documents with his colleagues, in complete security via the Internet. The Freecom FSG-3 ensures the protection and availability of his data.
Journalism has always been to Lisa a way to combine a private and a professional life. In her apartment, she has created a working environment that permits her to work and be close to her children. Her work, research and other articles are systematically stored on the FSG-3. This way she ensures a programmed daily back up but above all her
editor can access her professional data at any time via the Internet. With the FSG-3 it’s very easy to share, administrate, secure data and to surf trough the internet while being protected from outside attacks, thanks to the integrated FireWall. Lisa’s kids can use her computer without any danger since her data is protected on the FSG-3.
Leo, Hugo and Agnes are three students living together. They share everything ! In order to also share their data, internet connections, USB printer and even host their websites, they purchase a FSG-3. Leo stores his video collection on it, Hugo his lessons and video games while Agnes stores the information concerning her thesis. Even while on
holiday or visiting their parents, their data is continuously accessible via Internet. A comfort without concession!
The all in one network storage solution
The new Storage Gateway from Freecom Technologies offers an easy and fast way to add up to 500 Gigabytes of network storage in the office
or home environment. Quick and simple installation allows you to instantly store and share music, videos, images and other files via your web browser. Using the integrated router you can share the Gateway in seconds. With the 4 extra USB 2.0 Host ports you can use your standard USB printer as a Network printer and also add extra hard drives
or other storage devices to increase the network storage capacity quickly. Even the latest interface standard S-ATA is available on the Storage Gateway. This interface enables you to extend the capacity
by stacking drives. Thanks to the router function sharing internet is as
easy as can be: just plug your DSL modem in the WAN port and have instant access to internet from every computer in your network.
Simple setup and endless possibilities make the Gateway the perfect solution for your home and small office. The Storage Gateway replaces many other devices and is designed to setup easily without network administrator knowledge.
Keep it Simple!
- File server; fast central data location for all your PCs or network.
- Backup server; make backups on the FSG-3 for securing all your data.
- Web server; get your files online and control them yourself fast and easy.
- FTP server; reach your secured data from all over the internet.
- Network router; connect your PCs and notebooks simultaneously to internet.
- USB server; add additional USB hard drives and USB sticks to your network.
- USB print server; add your USB printer and create a network printer.
- AV server; central location for all your audio and video files.
- Firewall; keeps personal data in and hackers out.
- S-ATA enabler; share your external S-ATA drive within your network.
- ID2 ready and cross-platform compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix.
- Aluminium enclosure with heat controlled fan speed and low noise through managed HDD spin down.
- Cost effective SOHO server replacement (your PC not required to be on).
- Can be stacked horizontally with other Freecom FHD products, positioned vertically or even mounted to the wall (both foot stand and wall mount are included).
- Including Acronis TrueImage software (2 licences) for making an image of your PC's harddrives on the FSG-3.
- Includes Kensington hardware security slot.
Freecom FSG-3 Storage Gateway 80GB, FSG-3. Storage drive capacity: 80 GB, Hard drive speed: 7200 RPM, Drive device, buffer size: 8 MB. Processor frequency: 0.266 GHz. Flash memory: 4 MB. Management protocols: Microsoft CIFS, Microsoft SMB & TCP/IP. Weight: 950 g