StorStation LIB162 16 slot AIT-3 Rackmount Library
AIT tape drives have proven incredibly popular with users, with more than 650,000 drives shipped since the first release in 1996. These drives underpin the security of IT systems around the world.
Optimum Rack System
Many offices that are packed with proliferating PCs can be streamlined by introducing the rack-mountable AIT tape library LIB162.
The compact AIT format frees up office space with its highdensity
data storage and offers great investment returns as the storage volume increases.
There is a growing demand for efficient stacking of servers, storage, and network equipment in 19 inch racks to reduce TCO by maximising system expandability, use of space, and ease of maintenance."
Simple Operation from Web Browser or Front Panel
System set-up and monitoring can be carried out easily from a web browser on a client PC, or from the front panel. The tape cartridge is controlled at high speed with supreme reliability thanks to the R-MIC reader installed by default in the AIT-3 tape drives, facilitating recovery in the event of a system crash.
The tape drive can be hot-swapped from the front The LIB162 comes equipped with a hot swap function, which enables the built-in tape drive to be installed and removed without stopping the system, thus realising
high availability as the tape drive can be replaced while the power to the server remains on.
The tape drive can be replaced easily from the front without having to go around to the back of the device, facilitating upgrading for maintenance or system expansion.
Key features and benefits
• 1.6TB - native capacity
- High capacity in compact 2U form factor. Ideal for backup of small networks or automated backup of PC servers;
• High reliability drive (400,000 hrs MTBF)
- Improved performance with extended operational life;
• 12MB/s native data transfer rate
- Backup a full tape in 2.5 hours;
• Fast access time to data (< 35 sec)
• Barcode reader included
- Very fast initialisation and start-up;
• Web based monitoring
- Simple administration through network;
• AME binder free AIT media for cleaner read/write head
- Less head clogging, less cleaning required, resulting in higher reliability;
• Second drive upgrade option
- Run multiple back up jobs in parallel and save time;
• WORM media supported
• On-site service options available
Sony StorStation LIB162 16 slot. Native capacity: 1600 GB, Compressed capacity: 4160 GB, Mean time between failures (MTBF): 400000 h. Burst transfer rate: 12 MB/s. Dimensions (WxDxH): 430 x 680 x 88 mm, Weight: 19 kg