System Storage EXP3000 - SAS 15000 rpm(73 GB, 146 GB, 300 GB, 450 GB), SATA 7200 rpm(500GB, 750GB, 1.0TB), 2U, 19" rack, 8.89 cm (3.5 ") HDD, 12x
The IBM System Storage™ EXP3000 Express is a high-density 2U, 19" rack mount driven closure designed for supporting a total of twelve 3.5" disk drives.
IBM System x Server Attachment
Robust and flexible, the EXP3000 Express can be used as a direct-attach solution for IBM System x servers with support of MegaRAID or ServeRAID host bus adapters. Multiple EXP3000s can be connected to expand capacity and to help address your data needs today and tomorrow.
Solid state drives present an opportunity to simplify local storage infrastructure to help maintain overall maintenance and cooling cost, while considering remote storage solutions for end-to-end data availability as part of their System x ecosystem. Solid state drives are an appropriate solution for local OS booting, high performance input/output applications, and some local storage space. Increasingly, solid state storage may be a practical component in balancing datacenter cost, reliability, and manageability.
IBM System Storage DS3000 Express Series
The EXP3000 Express supports attachment to the DS3000 Express Series providing a highly available storage system scaling up to 48 SAS and/or SATA disk drives. Up to three EXP3000s can be connected to expand capacity and IOPs performance of the solution to help address your data needs today and tomorrow.
- 3 Gbps SAS drive expansion technology.
- Support for up to 5.4 TB of SAS disk physical storage capacity (450 GB SAS drives) in a single enclosure.
- Support for up to 12 TB of SATA disk physical storage capacity (1.0 TB SATA drives) in a single enclosure.
- SAS or SATA hard disk drive intermix supported with select IBM System x™, IBM System p®, and IBM BladeCenter® servers using the DS3000 series of storage systems, MegaRAID or ServeRAID™ host bus adapters.
- Three EXP3000s can be attached to a DS3000 storage system to expand up to 21.6 TB of physical storage capacity when utilizing 450 GB SAS drives or 48.0 TB of physical storage capacity when utilizing 1 TB SATA drives.
- Telco model supports -48 V DC power supplies.
- NEBS and ETSI compliance for AC and DC models.
- 50 GB SATA Solid State Disk drive supported in EXP3000 expansion units that are directly attached to System x servers via the ServeRAID MR10M SAS/SATA controller adapter installed in the System x server.
IBM EXP3000, 12000 GB, 1000 GB, 3.5", 0, 1, 3, 5, 10, 515 W, 10 - 35 °C
IBM EXP3000. Total installed storage capacity: 12000 GB, Storage drive capacity: 1000 GB, Storage drive size: 3.5". Power supply unit (PSU) capacity: 515 W. Dimensions (WxDxH): 447 x 550 x 87 mm, Power requirements: 115 – 230 V AC/ 48 V DC, Power management: AC & DC